The Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy is a key initiative of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ Improvement Plan. The Èé½»ÊÓÆµ Improvement Plan was undertaken in 2012 based on comprehensive feedback from all sections of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ Èé½»ÊÓÆµ on the topic of whether or not the School was meeting the challenge of its aims. The collected and sorted responses to this important question were formed into a range of initiatives called the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ Improvement Plan.
The Purpose of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy
The key purpose of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy is to support and foster the professional enrichment of staff. To achieve this aspiration the Academy seeks to:
- appreciate the capabilities of staff
- create environments that enhance staff capacity
- stimulate critical thinking about education and the School
- develop knowledge
- stimulate research
- enrich staff development.
It is our belief this will increase Èé½»ÊÓÆµ's capacity to continue to act as a well-informed and self-assured Èé½»ÊÓÆµ of educationalists engaged in continuous improvement.
- Continuing to develop an appreciation of the potential of our staff.
- Creating environments that foster and develop this potential.
- Analysing, informing, identifying (innovation and research) and refining approaches to continuous improvement.
- Collaboration (professional discourse)
Scope of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy
- To foster debate, understanding and alignment about the development of staff.
- To utilise available expertise to innovate, educate and critically consider ideas.
- To identify approaches for understanding the potential of staff.
- To identify, create and administer programs that develop the capacity of staff.
- To encourage research at and beyond Èé½»ÊÓÆµ for Èé½»ÊÓÆµ by Èé½»ÊÓÆµ staff to inform improvements.
- To link research to our current programs to inform innovation and renewal.
- To provide a collegial forum for staff currently undertaking tertiary studies.
- To provide support and advice to staff considering or completing tertiary studies.
- To link all sabbaticals into the work of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy so that the School harnesses collective as well as individual benefits from the sabbatical program.
- To help direct staff into sabbatical options that support the Schoolâ€™s directions.
- To create a membership of the Èé½»ÊÓÆµ School Academy that supports its aspirations.